Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 00:36:00 +0900

Dmitry Gutov writes:

 > It would take quite a bit of conceit to assume that Emacs can make
 > better choices WRT to docstring markup syntax than virtually every
 > programming language and documentation format out there.

No, not at all.  To assume that Emacs can consistently do so *by
design* would be conceited.  To try new things, keep the ones that
work and abandon the others, is a strategy that is known to achieve
better choices in biology and business as well as in software.

 > We're not even competing with other editors here.

Exactly.  Emacs isn't competing.  It's doing what's right for Emacs.