Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 00:13:36 +0900

Dmitry Gutov writes:
 > On 06/23/2015 06:36 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > Maybe. But you seem to be arguing in favor of a general notion (to keep
 > experimenting),

Yes.  See Eli's responses in a separate subthread as well.

 > whereas I was under impression that this thread is about a specific
 > issue.

Some subthreads are, yes.  Others are not, they take the change that
inspired this thread as a specific example of a more general issue.

 > It's a good recipe to continue talking past each other.

It is, but people write about what they write about.  It's not just me.

 > >   > We're not even competing with other editors here.
 > >
 > > Exactly.  Emacs isn't competing.  It's doing what's right for Emacs.
 >
 > Exactly... not what I meant by the above sentence?

You tell me.  You state a fact, I agree that it's true, "exactly".  I
take the lack of competition as an opportunity to do what's right, you
take it as a reason to stick to the status quo.  Opinions differ.