Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:19:25 +0300

On 06/24/2015 09:55 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

I think Richard will tell you differently, that "competition" with
other editors, languages, or formats is never a reason for Emacs to do
something.  Cooperation (portability or compatibility) often is,
though.  But you'll have to ask him to get an authoritative statement.

Again, you're holding on to the wrong word. Point is, we're trying to solve a minor problem that others have solved before.

Of course, the best way to do that is to approach the problem from an arbitrary angle, like asking a few students heretofore unfamiliar with Emacs (or programming). Or look at some kind of analog media.