Re: A simple solution to "Upcoming loss of usability ..."

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: A simple solution to "Upcoming loss of usability ..."
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:00:26 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> With the current approach, the Emacs sources don't need to be changed

My sole objection was that they were changed. And I thought that was the
whole point of it: that you want the markup to be its own visual
representation.

> "Make ‘funcall/apply’ form to map SOURCE-ARGLIST to TARGET-ARGLIST...."

This is already in the Emacs sources, so they were indeed changed.

> "Press ‘h’ for complete help; press ‘?’ repeatedly for a summary"

There should be a separate markup for quoting key bindings in my
opinion. For example, Markdown has <kbd>h</kbd>, and I use ~h~ in my
org-mode documents intended for HTML export.