Re: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 11:17:07 +0300

> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:54:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <address@hidden>
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> > May be you can convince me otherwise. But I think that most
> > users will never customize the equivalence class used.
>
> Most users never toggle case sensitivity, perhaps.  So what?

Please drop this futile argument.  Your dispute has no basis and no
evidence based on rel-life usage experience.  It has no hope of being
resolved in constructive way.

We have just installed that feature, and it's still being worked on to
eliminate some rough edges and unintended consequences.  Let it be
refined, then let it be used by users (including you, Drew) for some
time, and then let's collect user experience and complaints and see if
something needs to be fixed.  _Then_ we will have experience and real
data points to discuss constructively and efficiently.