Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 04:10:18 +0300

On 06/27/2015 05:08 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Let's focus on the Help buffers first.  The prettification in source
buffers can be considered afterwards and will probably depend on the
solution chosen for the Help buffers (e.g. if we decide to use
curly-quotes in the source, then there won't be anything to do to
prettify the source code).

Considering that if there's an escaping rule (and we've more or less agreed that there should be), the choice of using curly quotes in source buffers or not is orthogonal to the choice of the method of the escaping rule's application (font-lock or not).

So we'll only "have to" use the curlies in the source code if the escaping syntax (and its application) are determined not to be good enough.