Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 17:39:29 +0300

> Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 16:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <address@hidden>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> What we should look for is both (1) a mirror pair of chars
> that is not confusable with other uses of the same and
> (2) a pair of chars that is simple to insert, search, etc. -
> in general, simple to use in a rudimentary, plain-text
> (perhaps even ASCII) context.

If you want mirror pairs, you should select only those pairs that are
mentioned in the BidiBrackets.txt file that is part of the Unicode
Character Database (UCD).  You can see them in Emacs by looking at
characters that have non-nil 'paired-bracket' property.

If you select any other pairs, they will look wrong in R2L text.