Re: Bug in function x_calc_absolute_positionin xterm.c and w32term.c

From: Fran Litterio
Subject: Re: Bug in function x_calc_absolute_positionin xterm.c and w32term.c
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:42:17 +0000 (UTC)

I wrote:

> Using the latest sources, I see the following behavior on a machine
> with two 1920x1080 monitors arranged side-by-side:
>
>   $ runemacs.exe -Q
>   (setq f (make-frame '((left . -1))))
>   #<frame emacs <at> IZSYSTEM023 015257f0>
>   (frame-parameter f 'left)
>   3155
>
> The left offset of the new frame appears to be 1920 pixels too far
> to the right.  Evaluating the following form positions the frame to
> its expected location (abutting the right edge of the rightmost
> monitor):
>
>   (set-frame-position f (- 3155 1920) 0)

I've learned that this only happen when the 2nd monitor is positioned
to the left of the primary Windows monitor, resulting in negative
X offsets for frames on the 2nd monitor.  If I configure Windows to
position the 2nd monitor to the right of the primary monitor, all
X offsets are positive, and the first form above works as expected
(the new frame abuts the far right edge of the combined monitors).

I still believe the fix should be made in x_calc_absolute_position, but
it must now take into consideration whether X offset 0 is within the
multi-monitor display or at the far left edge.

I still hope to create a patch to fix this problem.
--
Fran Litterio
address@hidden