Re: HTML rendering

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: HTML rendering
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 09:24:19 +0300

> Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:45:14 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>
> Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>,
>       Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>
> I've set shr-use-fonts to nil unwillingly because mm-shr fills
> Japanese text into lines that are always longer than the window
> width.  An example reproducing it is below.

Please in the future include in the example any libraries that need to
be loaded for it to work, for the benefit of those who try the example
in "emacs -Q".

> Even for English text (filled shorter than the window width), lines
> can get too long depending on the font Emacs chooses.  Is there a
> way to help it?  Setting shr-width is helpless since mm-shr
> overrides it.

You are supposed to set shr-width to nil, I think.  Did you try?

Anyway, looking at the example, it sounds like some off-by-one error
to me: always only one glyph exceeds the window width.  I suggest to
take a look at the filling calculations.