Re: Brittleness of called-interactively-p

From: raman
Subject: Re: Brittleness of called-interactively-p
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:10:13 -0700

Hi Stefan,

You're right that the two transitions -- called-interactively-p and
nadvice happened at around the same time. However emacspeak still uses
 advice.el, not nadvice.el.

I dont quite remember the error pattern that caused me to  create the
implementation of ems-interactive-p that I posted, but there was
definitely a bizarre error that things like ruby-mode triggered.

Trying to reconstruct from memory:

Certain edit actions in ruby-mode called backward-sexp
(non-interactively of course)..

The spoken feedback emacspeak generated on those edit actions also
relied on calling backward-sexp (again, non-interactively)  to compute
what to speak. Somewhere in all of that, I got an error from  one of the
new advice related functions --