RE: Brittleness of called-interactively-p

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Brittleness of called-interactively-p
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Drew,
> Yes, the old interactive-p did it perfectly, but it also broke for me
> somewhere in the advice transition, actually it took me a while to
> realize that it was broken; from memory I tracked down the problem after
> one of the emacspeak users reported a recursive hang/crash in ruby-mode.

By "in the advice transition" I guess you mean the change to using the
new advice system.  Does `interactive-p' still work OK with the "old"
advice system?

If so, perhaps you could use that, and perhaps file a bug or feature
enhancement request for the new advice system.

IOW, if it hurts to do that ("upgrade"), consider not doing it. ;-)