Re: new buffer display action: display-buffer-reuse-frame

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: new buffer display action: display-buffer-reuse-frame
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:24:45 -0500

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>     * lisp/window.el (display-buffer-use-some-frame): improve doc string
>
>     * doc/lispref/windows.texi (Display Action Functions): add
>       display-buffer-use-some-frame
>
>     * etc/NEWS: mention display-buffer-use-some-frame
>
> Please note that ChangeLog entries should be unindented and "complete
> sentences starting with a capital and ending with a period".  So
>
> * lisp/window.el (display-buffer-use-some-frame): Improve doc string.
>
> would be the preferred format.

Right. Sorry. Eli had the same comment on earlier commits.

I don't pay attention to "complete sentences" in other projects, and I
haven't figured out how to change that habit for this one.

I'll have to write another commit check hook to do that!

I guess by "unindented" you are refering to the second ine in the
windows.texi entry? So that should be:

* doc/lispref/windows.texi (Display Action Functions): Add
display-buffer-use-some-frame.

Ok. I think indenting makes it easier to read. But the examples in
CONTRIBUTE and
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Style-of-Change-Logs.html#Style-of-Change-Logs
clearly show "unindented", and standards are important. One more item
for the commit check.

--
-- Stephe