Re: Escaping quotes in docstrings, Was: A simple solution to "Upcoming l

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: Escaping quotes in docstrings, Was: A simple solution to "Upcoming loss of usability ..."
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 10:49:57 +0200

Hi.

Is this still thread about a change from the type of quote that is on
each keyboard (`') to the other one (that is not)?

IMHO it would be fantastic exercise to do a retrospective after
implementing the feature. My two questions for the retrospective:

1. What was purpose of the change?
To replace `' with the other one (sorry, don't have it on my keyboard)?
What for?

2. *Was it worth it*?
Considering number of people involved and time spent by those
writing and reading emails (even I'm wasting my time now on writing
this email).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you shouldn't do what you are
doing. Everyone can do with their time what they want, but maybe it
would be good to create a Backlog for Emacs and prioritize (at least
a bit) to see what's really important and _is_ worth the effort.

Cheers,
Przemysław