Re: Per-language project-search-path, was: Re: Unified project interface

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Per-language project-search-path, was: Re: Unified project interface
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 19:14:39 +0200

Nix <address@hidden> writes:

> (What I'd really like is something like the el-search pcase-based
> searcher Michael Heerdegen recently proposed, only for everything
> supported by Semantic, but with most language grammars not being very
> amenable to ML-style pattern-matching I doubt this is possible...)

I agree that would be very useful.  But I don't know much about
Semantic, and the info pages seem to be outdated.

Is there some function in semantic that parses the expression at point
and returns a parse tree represented as (Lisp) list?  The outdated info
page mentions ast.el which seems to do that, but I can't find it
anymore.

I guess one could try the following, more or less: go through the buffer
and parse it on the fly to ast expressions.  The search command prompts
for a "pattern" using the syntax of the buffer's language plus
placeholders.  The input is parsed and converted to a an ast as well.
Then the matching could be done in Elisp like el-search does.

Michael.