Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: xref and leaving "temporary" buffers open
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 06:50:55 -0400

> We'll need to also catch the moment, somehow, when an "incomplete" buffer
> become displayed as a result of user's action. And "complete" its
> initialization at that point.
> Would you use window-configuration-change-hook for that?

The way I see it, those buffers would have a name starting with SPC and
the name wouldn't have to look "normal".  So we don't need to care about
what happens when the user uses C-x b to display the buffer.

We only need to handle the case where find-file-noselect is called on
those files, at which point we should finish the initialization.
I'm not exactly sure what we should do for find-buffer-visiting and
get-file-buffer.

        Stefan