Re: running EDE from a file that is not under a project root dir

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: running EDE from a file that is not under a project root dir
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 12:30:05 +0300

On 08/05/2015 10:48 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:

And ede-source-file-patterns

That's not a currently defined function. Did you mean
project-source-file-patterns? Or are you agreeing with me that EDE needs
to add this?

Needs to add.

nor does it use grep-find-ignored-directories and
grep-find-ignored-files.

It should not use these directly; only via project-ignores.

As long as we're reusing semantic-symref-find-references-by-name, we need some way to make it use the ignores. Probably not by making it aware of project.el.

I don't understand. Surely the concept "a project that is active in all
buffers" is independent of the actual project type?

That's a trivial concept and piece of code. There's no reason to insist on reusing it.

If it's not in project.el, I'll have to add it to every new project type
I write; that will be a name conflict, at the very least.

Not at all. The variable should be named according to each particular package it's in.