Re: master 5022e27: ; Do not overwrite preexisting contents of unread-co

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 5022e27: ; Do not overwrite preexisting contents of unread-command-events
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 12:11:30 +0300

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 10:33:17 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > What do you propose I do now?
>
> That question was not rhetorical.

It's unclear to me what exactly were you asking.  If the question is
how to fix that single ChangeLog entry, then the answer is: wait for
the update to ChangeLog.2 to be committed (happens once a week, I
think), and then manually correct (add in your case) the problematic
entry, and commit the result.

If you are asking about future log entries, then here's what I do: I
keep a local ChangeLog file, which is unversioned.  I use the normal
"C-x 4 a" command to write a ChangeLog entry, and then I copy it to
the log message when I commit the changeset.

If the question is how to format the log entry for the particular
changeset you committed in 5022e27dac4c13651941e425dbec5b3a2cecdae4,
then after looking through it I see no problem to just mention every
function where you made the changes.  It sounds like most of them
replace setq with a push, or do similar minor changes, which is fine
to mention in the log entry.

HTH