Re: running EDE from a file that is not under a project root dir

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: running EDE from a file that is not under a project root dir
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:09:23 +0200

> In Eclipse and Visual Studio with more than one project open, is the
> "current project" deduced from the current file?

Yes.

> If so how do they handle the issue of project hierarchy that I raised?

I don't know what the issue was, but eclipse doesn't have a project
hierarchy.

When importing projects from a system that is hierarchical (e.g. maven)
the project structure is flattened and the projects live side by side in
the workspace.

I have never used hierarchical/nested projects in Visual Studio so I
don't know how that behaves.