Re: ChangeLog entries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ChangeLog entries
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:19:16 +0300

> From: Nicolas Petton <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:02:59 +0200
>
> > Personally, I would have rebased, but a rebase vs merge discussion is
> > unlikely to add anything substantial to the world.
>
> I also usually rebase, I probably should have done it here too.

You can do that if you want, assuming your branch is a simple one-off
feature branch, and you never merged from master onto it.  Otherwise,
you really need to know what you are doing when rebasing, or else you
will risk bringing the same changes more than once.

For this reason, we recommend that people who are not that fluent in
Git _do_ merge, and not rebase.  Since Emacs generally uses a
merge-based workflow between its official branches, merging (including
implicit merges done by "git pull") fits better than rebasing.