Re: Require Emacs >=24.3 for next Org versions?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Require Emacs >=24.3 for next Org versions?
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:54:08 +0100

> Now, even if we did keep an Emacs 23 compatible Org around (most likely
> being feature frozen and only getting critical bugfixes) we'd still have
> to solve the problem that Emacs' package manager currently can't serve
> different packages for different versions of Emacs.

Emacs 23 didn't come with package.el, which means you're targetting
people who have manually added package.el to their system. I think
it's safe to assume that this group of people is capable of manually
downloading and setting up your compatibility org version. Just make
sure it's very visible and easy to find when searched for.