Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 02:38:19 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>>> I admit that curly quotes are nicer, but that's easily achievable: make
>>> them appear on*Help*  and other buffers that shows docstrings.
>>
>> That was done weeks ago.  This thread is about something else: quotes
>> in diagnostics.  It's not as easy to get diagnostics right, which is
>> why we're having this discussion.
>
> I thought that, in this subthread, we were discussing the introduction
> of curly quotes in source code. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, but the diagnostics are part of the source code, of course. I was
not so confused after all.

I know that docstrings are displayed with curly quotes. My point (and I
think Dmitry's) is that the change should end there. Maybe *transform*
the diagnostics too, but that's no so important, because diagnostics are
not intended to be part of regular reading by users.

[snip]