Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:58:24 +0200

[snip]

> Emacs is the perfect environment to experiment with *discoverable*
> *multilingual* input methods.

In my experiments with Unicode in source code, input was the least of
the concerns (as long as Emacs was used.) Display was the no-no part.
Not because Emacs bugs or limitations, by the way.

If the goal is to improve input for other scripts, I have no idea how
forcing curly quotes in Emacs' source code will help.

[snip]

>  > Maybe describing the specific user-visible improvements that this
>  > change will help to bring into reality would buy you more support.
>
> The user-visible improvements have been described and are easily
> visible to the eye desiring to see them.

Maybe I skipped the post that described the improvements, but what I've
seem so far is "because it is modern", "because beginners think our
current style is weird", "because other GNU projects use it", "because
this will help improve our Unicode support"... Am I missing something?

[snip]