Re: disabling undo boundaries

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: disabling undo boundaries
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:40:17 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> a big buffer-undo-list" I can certainly do. Any reason to not do this on
>> a timer (i.e. why tie it to the command cycle)?
>
> As mentioned, for buffers modified by timers/processes I like the idea
> of adding undo-boundaries every N seconds or every N modifications.

I've add an update for this to the same branch
(fix/no-undo-boundary-on-secondary-buffer-change).

Is this the sort of thing that you had in mind? Is it not complete
yet -- I was not considering leaving it noisy (it messages at the
moment). And I am not sure it is in the right place -- simple.el does
not currently require timer. Finally, the timer needs to be manually
started.

Phil