Re: New comment-sexp command and key bind

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: New comment-sexp command and key bind
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 14:50:51 +0200

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to add the following command that comments and uncomments
> sexps. I'm attacking a gif to show its behavior, but it is pretty much
> the same as our current comment-line, except it acts on sexps.

Cool.

Some quick testing shows a problem with a common pattern of mine. See:

(if something
    foo
  blah)

Now comment the sexp and then uncomment the second line:

;; (if something
     foo
;;   bar)

Go to the first line and M-x comment-or-uncomment-sexp :

(if something
     foo
;;   bar)

And the minibuffer shows:

forward-sexp: Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 3189, 3221

This is with emacs -Q, GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X
toolkit)