Re: New comment-sexp command and key bind

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: New comment-sexp command and key bind
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:21:29 +0100

>> (defun uncomment-sexp (&optional n)
>
> Clearly, this is the more important part, since C-M-SPC M-; does the
> trick for the commenting part.
>
> I think I like part of the idea, but being limited to uncommenting is
> rather frustrating.

Just to be clear. It's fine if the commented has multiple line even
with empty lines in the middle. The only problem is if there's
uncommented code in between some of the commented lines. In that case
I'm unsure what the sane behavior would even be.

> It's reasonably frequent to want to
> navigate/manipulate a sexp that spans several comments, and uncommenting
> it is not even the most common operation for me.
>
> So I'd be more interested in a way to make C-M-SPC, C-M-f and friends
> deal "correctly" with such "sexps that span several comments".

I think I've heard that smartparens does that. That is, if point is
inside a comment it deals with commented sexps as if they were
uncommented for all intents and purposes. But don't quote me on that.
=P