Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Supporting multiline Package-Requires header
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:03:33 +0100

> Artur Malabarba writes:
>> I'm meaning to see if Elpa can be made to look for a -pkg file before
>> visiting the main package file to gather information.
>
> As suggested before, looking for <pkg>-version.el before the main
> package file (if it's a multi-file package)

<pkg>-version.el is an ad-hoc file that org uses, but <pkg>-pkg.el is
a standard way for package.el to specify the package definition
(there's already code for it, Elpa just doesn't use it yet).

> is probably easier since it
> wouldn't touch most of the existing code.

I don't understand. What code are you referring to?
AFAICT, org already generates a perfectly compliant -pkg file, no? So
no code would have to change for org.

>> I was just forced to interrupt what I was doing here because I had to start
>> writing my thesis,but I'll get back to it eventually.
>
> Your thesis will obviously have to take precedence.

Fortunately, thanks to Emacs, it's going very rapidly. :-)