Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:19:09 -0700

On 08/24/2015 12:13 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
IIUC there are still some situations where we build without conservative
stack scanning.

We should probably go and enable it everywhere.

We did that last year, before 24.4 came out. GC_MARK_STACK is defined to be GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS unless the builder compiles with -DGC_MARK_STACK=somethingelse. I think nobody does that except perhaps when testing.

If noone complains that
should indicate that indeed conservative stack scanning is used (or ca
be used) everywhere, so we could drop the GCPROs.

As far as I know, nobody has complained, so we could drop the GCPROs now if you like.

Perhaps we should hold a wake?  Should I bring a bottle of poteen?