Re: Allow xref to use other than current major-mode

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Allow xref to use other than current major-mode
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:19:49 +0100

> Second, how would a minor mode set an xref backend? It might not be tied to
> a particular major mode.

+1 This is important for me. I would like to make `sly-mode' use
`xref` when it's available.
`sly-mode` is a minor mode active in many buffers of different major modes,
all part of the SLY family. Xref should use the same backend in all of them.

> All similar cases can be solved by a project-aware xref backend that knows
> about all languages used, and allows navigating to identifiers in all of
> them.

Can't see right how I can use this to solve my particular case, but
I'm confident
I will :-)

--
João Távora