Re: master fbb5531: More-conservative ‘format’ quote restyling

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master fbb5531: More-conservative ‘format’ quote restyling
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:12:08 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry about that, and thanks for catching the bug.  I tried to make
> the change again correctly this time, in master commit
> 7b5290da89e927ba01ac51e1eaaffd828503285f, by defining a compatibility
> format-message function in tramp-compat.el, using the style of the
> existing compatibility replacements.  This commit also adjusts the
> quoting style of Tramp diagnostics to match text-quoting-style
> preference.  Please let me know and/or revert it if this approach has
> further problems.

Thanks, I've applied your patch also to the Tramp repository. Let's
wait, whether people will complain.

Often, people with older Emacsen take only new Tramp *releases*. So
feedback will appear only once Tramp 2.2.13 has been released, which
will take some weeks. I have no concrete plan for a release deadline
yet.

Best regards, Michael.