About the differences among the versions of emacs obtained by different

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: About the differences among the versions of emacs obtained by different git commands.
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 00:03:35 +0800

Hi all,

>From the following webpage,

https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs,

I can find the following coammands for using git to obtain the source
code of emacs:

git clone -b master git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
git clone -b emacs-24 git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa

Then, from the following webpage,

https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=emacs

It also give two git commands for obtaining the source code of emacs:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git

and

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git

About these commands, I've the following issues:

1- Are the following two commands equivalent or not:

git clone -b master git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git

Again, are the following two commands equivalent or not:

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git

2- If I have obtained the source code for emacs master or emacs-24, is
the elpa code also included in them or not?

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry