Re: text-quoting-style

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: text-quoting-style
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:17:53 -0700

Bastien wrote:

If all current changes are set in stone, that's easier, and having a
list of those changes will help.  Or is it all documented in etc/NEWS?

It is all documented in etc/NEWS, yes. It's also documented in the manual and in doc strings. I'm not a fan of installing undocumented code.

As for "set in stone", well, nothing in Emacs is set in stone. :-)

If not all changes are set in stone, then I'm wondering why they do
not happen on a dedicated branch.  Making controversial changes on the
master branch feels pushy to me.

The changes did not become controversial until after they were installed in master. They weren't installed in master until after being proposed and discussed. Sometimes that happens.