Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ffb6ce 5/5: Quoting fixes in lisp/internationa

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ffb6ce 5/5: Quoting fixes in lisp/international and lisp/leim
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 07:56:05 -0700

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
the original scenario had nothing to do with
`text-quoting-style'.

There seemed little point to having two variables to control text quoting behavior, one for initial inference of display quoting and one for translation of help strings and diagnostics. So I used the same variable for all three.

You've cut so much context

To help move things forward, here's a complete copy of the message I replied to, along with a copy of my reply inserted at the appropriate spot, so that you can see the complete context.

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Hello, Paul.