Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p prompt conditionally broken in master?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 20:18:49 +0200

On 2015-09-03, at 19:47, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 09/03/2015 08:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>>> (defalias 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)
>>
>> Why?
>
> Because it saves keypresses. There's really no need to type "yes<RET>"
> fully to indicate agreement.

The whole point of yes-or-no-p is to make user type something less
convenient (and less probable to hit accidentally) then just `y'.

FWIW, I have (setq confirm-kill-emacs #'yes-or-no-p) in my init.el.
I just can't count the times I pressed C-x C-c by mistake.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University