Re: master 1be349c 1/2: * lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el: Define custom face

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: master 1be349c 1/2: * lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el: Define custom faces
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 00:15:24 +0200

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

>> The convention is to not end face names with "-face".
>
> Cool. I prefer to not end the names with `-face', but I was just
> following the lead of the font-lock faces.

The font-lock face are different for historical reasons.

> For reference, is this convention stated anywhere? I couldn't find it
> in (info "(elisp) Defining Faces").

It says right there:

    -- Macro: defface face spec doc [keyword value]…
        This macro declares FACE as a named face whose default face spec is
        given by SPEC.  You should not quote the symbol FACE, and it should
        not end in ‘-face’ (that would be redundant).