Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 16:17:21 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:
It was not right to put curly quotes in the doc strings.
Please undo that change.

The curved quotes eased Emacs maintainence for me, but judging from recent remarks on the mailing list I'm in the minority in preferring that style so I just now undid almost all that change in the master branch. I kept a few curved quotes, e.g., in “Bahá’í”, which I hope do not ruffle too many feathers.