Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents so

From: Jon Dufresne
Subject: Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents sometimes
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:20:20 -0700

For clarification on what I see, see the image: https://i.imgur.com/HWrwtUm.png

> If you type "M-x" into the (empty, AFAIU) client frame, does Emacs
> display the "M-x" prompt?

In the empty frame, no.

I sometimes also have an existing client frame that continues to work
normally. Typing M-x into this frame works normally.

>  Does it also redisplay some of the frame?

No.

> What happens if you type "M-x redraw-display RET"? does Emacs display
> anything?

Nothing. This is true if I type "M-x redraw-display RET" with the
drawn frame focused or the non-drawn frame focused. Would it help to
set a breakpoint before typing this command? If so where would you
expect something interesting?

Cheers,
Jon