Re: Can display-buffer-reuse-window support "(inhibit-same-frame . t)"?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Can display-buffer-reuse-window support "(inhibit-same-frame . t)"?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 10:31:55 +0200

> Supporting (inhibit-same-frame . t) is a good idea, although I don't see
> how to easily implement that in display-buffer-reuse-window.
>
> You could also replace display-buffer-reuse-window with the new
> display-buffer-use-some-frame in display-buffer--other-frame-action.

IIUC ‘display-buffer-use-some-frame’ should handle this case already.
So maybe all we need is to add an appropriate link in the documentation
of ‘display-buffer-reuse-window’.

BTW the doc-string of ‘display-buffer-use-some-frame’ must be fixed:

(defun display-buffer-use-some-frame (buffer alist)
  "Display BUFFER in an existing frame that meets a predicate
\(by default any frame other than the current frame).  If
successful, return the window used; otherwise return nil.

See section D.6 Tips for Documentation Strings of the Elisp manual on
how to do that.

martin