Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 09:45:08 +0200

>  > Calls back to Emacs functions will be fairly common, because
>  > modules use these functions to manipulate Emacs data on behalf of
>  > their own callers.
>
> Real examples, please.  S?XEmacs has two decades of experience with
> wrapping random libraries, Emacs has some too, and there just aren't
> any that I can think of offhand.  I see no reason why modules in Emacs
> will change that pattern; S?XEmacs has a 1.5 decades of experience
> with require'able modules, and it hasn't changed there.

For the records, years ago I had ported Emacs' dbusbind.c to SXEmacs,
using their ffi interface. It was almost running; I forgot why it wasn't
finished and included in SXEmacs. A corner-case problem with events maybe.

Once Emacs' dynamic modules are usable, I plan to write a scuccessor of
dbusbind.c for kdbus as dynamic module.

The D-Bus machinery is based on (Lisp level) callbacks.

Best regards, Michael.