Re: RFM: How to make a buffer-local var in C layer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RFM: How to make a buffer-local var in C layer
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:18:09 -0400

> What is the difference between Vfontification_functions and
> Qfontification_functions?

Both are C variables of type Lisp_Object.
The "V" one contains the value of the variable
`fontification-functions', while the Q one contains the symbol
`fontification-functions'.

> How do I set the buffer local value? Something like:
> Fsetq(Qfontification_functions,Qt)

You could (tho calling Fset rather than Fsetq), but you can do it much
more simply/cheaply with:

   Vfontification_functions = Qt;

-- Stefan