Re: find-file-project

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:16:17 +0300

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:21:30 +0300
>
> > I didn't add a NEWS entry. I don't think we are putting project related
> > changes in NEWS yet, since it is all new in Emacs 25. But the
> > file-name-all-completion change needs a NEWS entry.

New packages should be mentioned in NEWS, there's a special section
for that.

> We will add NEWS entries before the release.

No, NEWS entries should be made together with pushing the changes.
It's the changes in the manuals that can (but don't have to) wait
until before the release.

If an important user-visible change is not mentioned even in NEWS,
people who track the development code will have no good means of
discovering them.  (Telling them to read emacs-diffs is too much, I
think.)