Re: find-file-project

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:13:36 -0500

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 09/16/2015 05:49 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:
>>
>>> (defvar project-emacs
>>>    (let ((cedet-root (file-name-directory (locate-file "cedet.el"
>>> load-path))))
>>>      (project-elisp-make
>>>       (project-recursive-ignores-to-flat
>>>        (list
>>>         (concat cedet-root "ede")
>>>         (concat cedet-root "semantic")
>>>         (concat cedet-root "srecode"))
>>>        nil)
>>>       )))
>>
>> And this is ridiculous. Emacs obviously isn't a "flat" project.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "a flat project".
>
> load-path is neither purely flat (cedet requires recursion) nor purely
> recursive (it has both emacs/lisp and emacs/lisp/progmodes etc). So it
> has to be converted one way or another.

And the user has to provide additional information as to what parts are
flat vs recursive, for the conversion to be done properly.

For example, SourceForge CEDET contains the "cogre" directory under
"cedet". Since that is not part of Emacs core yet, if I'm testing
SourceForge Emacs prior to a merge with Emacs core, it is not
appropriate to include "cogre" in the project search path.

--
-- Stephe