Re: Edebug: not stopping at a function's start. Documentation amendment.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Edebug: not stopping at a function's start. Documentation amendment.
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:02:19 -0700

On 09/21/2015 08:49 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
I have rewritten the pertinent paragraph in edebug.texi as follows to
fix this, and also moved the paragraph a wee bit higher up.

Thanks, looks good.

By the way, has anybody any idea why git diff is putting source text on
the same lines as the line numbers?

Git took that idea from GNU diff -p, which puts function names after the "@@" in hunk headers. Git's default function-name-extraction rules don't work well for .texi files, though. I just now installed the attached patch, which should improve the situation after you do your next ./autogen.sh. This patch also should improve git diff's handling of .el files.