Re: master 89898fc: Repair pdbtrack so it follows transition from one re

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: master 89898fc: Repair pdbtrack so it follows transition from one remote file to another.
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:25:05 -0400

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Ken Manheimer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, I have finally found the location of guidance for commit messages -
> CONTRIBUTORS in the source directory root. I had looked for guidance in
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GitForEmacsDevs - it would have be helpful if
> that prominently directed contributors to the CONTRIBUTORS file. Perhaps I'm
> just oblivious, but it seems like the various guidance resources are
> scattered enough that there is not an unmissable "garden path" to fill
> people in.

Perhaps you can edit that page and mention CONTRIBUTE (not CONTRIBUTORS,
sorry for the nitpick) in the page.  Here are the URIs of CONTRIBUTE in
the current stable release and master:

* https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/CONTRIBUTE
* http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/CONTRIBUTE

Thanks - that's exactly the kind of solution I was seeking!

I've rectified the entry in ChangeLog.2. I also included a few references to the CONTRIBUTE file in the GitForEmacsDev page, as you suggested. I don't know that it will be clear to every developer who visits that page, but I think the clue is more available than it was before.

Ken