Re: [elpa] externals/xelb ad879fb: Backport cl-defgeneric to Emacs 24

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/xelb ad879fb: Backport cl-defgeneric to Emacs 24
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:59:25 -0400

> I meant in the following snippet (from eieio-defclass in eieio-core.el
> of emacs-24 branch) `vl' would be nil if the class has more than 101
> slots, and the subsequent `make-vector` would fail:

Duh!  I see.  Sadly, it's too late to fix it, since there's no plan to
make a new Emacs-24 release.

> Yes, I mentioned this solution. But I guess the exclusion of README.md
> is merely a temporary measure?

I don't think it's temporary.  More specifically it'll be with us at
least until there's some mechanism to tell GNU ELPA whether to use
README.md or not.

BTW, an alternative might be to move the Commentary text to a new README
file.

        Stefan