Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents so

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: Need help debugging Emacs: emacsclient will not draw its contents sometimes
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 15:21:52 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > > I guess the question is now what does Mercurial do, exactly, to invoke
> > > emacsclient.  Can you look at the command line Mercurial passes to it,
> > > for example?  Perhaps also log the communications between emacsclient
> > > and the server on the Emacs side, and see what is passed there.

I occasionally run into the same or a very similar issue as Jon and
Tassilo.  It's not reproducible on demand and doesn't happen often, so
I've been ignoring it.  (My usual workaround is to minimize the useless
frame and rerun emacsclient.  Like Tassilo, I run (server-start) at
startup, rather than running Emacs as a daemon.)

If it happens again, I can certainly tell you how emacsclient got
invoked.  But I could use a clue about how to log communication between
emacsclient and the server.

thanks,
mike