Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:23:36 -0400

> Which one? Given the overall state of the Emacs core code (lots of global
> mutable state, thread-hostile, lots of macros...) I'd rather want modules
> to be as different from the Emacs core as possible.
> The module interface is an interface. No good interface prescribes how its
> implementations have to look like.

The interface just says "funcall may exit non-locally".  It doesn't have
to say that it uses longjmp for that.  But the end result is the same:
if you want to write your module in a language other than C, you'll have
to deal with interactions between C (including longjmp) and that other
language.

        Stefan