Re: burden of maintainance

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: burden of maintainance
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 18:34:41 +0200

as the burden of maintainance was mentioned: from reading the
bug-reports got the impression, a more strict test-regime might reduce
that.

If a bug shows up, the first question should be: how it could survive
the tests?

+1

In previous project I joined a team that couldn't do any release in 4
years. I've introduced automated tests and refactoring among other
things and after 2 years we were releasing 4 times a year, with 3 times
less defects, found much sooner in release cycle and they were easier
to fix.

Some people here work in academia so maybe don't have such experiences,
but in software industry automated tests are a standard. Projects
without (or with weak) tests are replaced with those having strong
tests.