Re: New maintainer

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:18:34 +0300

On 10/01/2015 09:35 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

The only reason I like Bugzilla (which I use for Ledger) is due to the Java UI
Deskzilla, which is freely available for those working on Open Source
projects. It makes working with Bugzilla quick, and working offline is quite
well-done.

Last time the discussion of bug trackers came up, certain people stated a strong preference for bug trackers that have an Emacs interface (like the debbugs package in ELPA). And AFAIK RMS always required that the bug tracker could be used entirely over email.

Other than that, I've actively used GitHub, Redmine and Trac, and out of all
those, perhaps GitHub is the easiest to work with, despite having the smallest
feature set.

Yup. It also will never be an option for Emacs.

Though one might look into using GitLab, to be hosted at FSF premises.