Re: Improving input-methods docs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Improving input-methods docs
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:09:04 +0300

> From: Rustom Mody <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 08:23:48 +0530
>
> When I do describe-input-method
> I see a lot of stuff 'described'
> However unlike describe-function|variable etc that links to the relevant stuff
> here there is no such.
>
> Is there any way to get to the input method (source) from an activated
> input-method?

How about starting with a change that would include in the description
the place where the input method is defined?  I think this would be a
valuable documentation feature.  Currently, you need to grep the
relevant sources for the name of the input method.

> Strangely even describe-key shows (say) self-insert-command for "\" in
> tex-input-method
> which seems strange if not plain wrong.

It's not wrong: Emacs doesn't know better.  But maybe there should be
some addition that is related to the currently active input method.