Re: Should we just start dumping cl-lib?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Should we just start dumping cl-lib?
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 13:38:27 +0100

> They should require it only during compiling.

That's only viable if they only use macros. Many of them use functions
from cl-lib so they need a proper require.

Below is a list of all files which grep for ^(require 'cl-lib), which
means they require it at runtime. If any of these are expected to be
loaded at the start of every session, then we should either fix that
require or preload cl-lib.
The ones tat catch my attention are vc.el and help-mode.el.

man.el:92
emacs-lisp/cl.el:30
emacs-lisp/cl-extra.el:40
emacs-lisp/edebug.el:56